Helping you succeed in life's financial journey
Our mortgage advisory team is expanding, and we are seeking a talented, well-connected Mortgage Adviser to join us.
As a Mortgage Adviser you will help people secure the best mortgage and debt solutions for their situation, from first home buyers to big players and everyone in between.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Finding new potential clients and helping them with their borrowing needs
- Using and growing your networks to maximum advantage
- Recommending sound lending strategies that will deliver the best option for your client's future
- Negotiation with lenders to obtain the best terms that can be offered
- Making confident recommendations to clients, offering transparency through the process
- Maintaining long-term and effective relationships with clients and lenders
- Referring clients to other areas of the business as much as possible (for risk management, financial planning, retirement planning and wealth generation)
- Approaching all business with a view to help your clients succeed on their financial journey, whatever that may mean for them
- Upholding Cole Murray's code of conduct and maintaining a friendly professionalism at all times
You'll need to be:
- Passionate about helping people succeed
- Able to cross-sell with tenacity
- Equipped with previous experience in the banking and/or mortgage lending sector
- A qualified Authorised Financial Adviser ideally, or a Registered Financial Adviser with willingness to gain the AFA accreditation
- An effective communicator (both written and verbal) with people of all ages and walks of life
- Reasonably well versed with technology with a willingness to learn and adapt to new ways of doing things
- Able to prioritise, organise yourself and meet deadlines (a lot of your work will be completed autonomously)
- Analytical and good with numbers
- Positive and forward-thinking
This role is based at our Hastings office in sunny Hawke's Bay, joining our team of talented professionals. An attractive package, including ongoing professional development opportunities, is available for the right applicant.
Learn more about what it's like to work with us here.
Only people eligible to live and work in New Zealand need apply.
Does this sound like you?
We are taking applications for this role now!
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to Office Manager Tony Southey - email Tony now.
You can also phone him for an introductory chat in confidence - just ring him here at the office (06 870 7050).