Helping you succeed in life's financial journey
Risk Insurance Adviser
Our Risk Advisory team is expanding, and we are seeking a talented, well-connected Insurance Adviser to join us.
As an Insurance Adviser in the personal risk space you will help people secure the best solutions for their risk scenario, from individual families to business people and everyone in between.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining a client base
- Identifying new prospects and seeking networking opportunities to widen the profile of both Cole Murray and yourself, using and growing your networks to maximum advantage
- Managing client's needs, ensuring regular touch-points are maintained including (at minimum) annual reviews of their risk requirements
- Making confident recommendations to clients, offering transparency through the process
- Referring clients to other areas of the business as much as possible (for risk management, financial planning, retirement planning and wealth generation) to ensure long-term and effective client relationships
- Approaching all business with a view to help your clients succeed on their financial journey, whatever that may mean for them
- Upholding Cole Murray's code of conduct and FMA best practice, maintaining a friendly, ethical professionalism at all times and ensuring accurate client records are maintain to satisfy compliance audits
- Undertaking study and learning to maintain up-to-date knowledge of all issues relating to the insurance profession
You'll need to be:
- Passionate about helping people succeed
- Able to cross-sell with tenacity
- Equipped with previous experience and knowledge in the financial sector (ideally)
- A qualified Authorised Financial Adviser ideally, or a Registered Financial Adviser with willingness to gain the AFA accreditation
- An effective communicator (both written and verbal) with people of all ages and walks of life
- Reasonably well versed with technology with a willingness to learn and adapt to new ways of doing things
- Able to prioritise, organise yourself and meet deadlines (a lot of your work will be completed autonomously)
- Positive and forward-thinking
This role is based at our Hastings office in sunny Hawke's Bay, joining our team of talented professionals. An attractive package, including ongoing professional development opportunities, is available for the right applicant.
Learn more about what it's like to work with us here.
Only people eligible to live and work in New Zealand need apply.
Does this sound like you?
We are taking applications for this role now!
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to Office Manager Tony Southey - email Tony now.
You can also phone him for an introductory chat in confidence - just ring him here at the office (06 870 7050).